Why Pursue a Career in
A massage therapist works specifically with manual (hands-on) soft tissue movement. This includes muscle, connective tissue, tendons, and ligaments.
Clientele may reach out for massage work to- reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain, and promote health and wellness.
At Camp Pebble Wellness Institute we love talking about all things massage. We look forward to setting you up for a successful career in the field of massage therapy. We are here to discuss any questions you may have about our program and start your path towards sharing wellness.
The Perks of Becoming a Massage Therapist:
1. Work in a high demand field - US Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 20% growth in the massage therapy field between 2021 and 2031.
2. Flexible Hours - Options are endless, whether entering the field as a second source of income or choosing to work full time. Hours of employment can vary from full time to part time or evening to weekend hours.
3. Low Stress Field - While providing a relaxing environment for clientele, the space is typically cozy, quiet, and calm.
4. Opportunity to help others - Helping others to improve physically and mentally can help increase career satisfaction.
5. Income Potential - In the American Massage Therapy Association’s 2022 Research Report, hourly wage for a massage therapist ranged from the average low of $25.89 (working in chain environments) to the average high of $85.85 (working as a sole proprietor). Sixty-two percent reported receiving tips 60% of the time.
6. Accessible training - The online and in-person coursework for our Camp Pebble massage certificate can be completed in 6 months, all while setting the student up to succeed in the workplace.
7. Develop relevant skills - Topics range from Anatomy to Ethical Issues, Pathology to Aromatherapy, Communication to Health and Wellness, all meant to bolster your career as a massage therapist and excel in the field.
8. Potential for growth - While undergoing training, therapists gain knowledge in many massage styles. There is virtually no limit for your skillset, with the ability to take continuing education courses over time. This includes the opportunity to specialize over time whether that be working exclusively with athletes, veterans, the elderly, or pregnant clientele.
9. Variety of employment options - Whether working as an employee in a spa, hotel, wellness center, or tourism industry, working self employed in your home or office space, or working in a healthcare setting.
10. Neverending variety of work - No two days are the same when doing bodywork!